As a Cloud Cost Optimization Engineer, you will increase the visibility to cloud spending by developing a data-driven approach to alerting, reporting, and optimization of cloud costs. The Cloud Cost Optimization Engineer must proactively collaborate with business teams to ensure efficient and effective cloud cost utilization.
The right candidate will have hands-on cost analysis and optimization in large AWS & Azure environments, a passion for data analysis, and a collaborative mentality.
You will work with the different technology companies and identify optimization opportunities to maximize ROI on cloud resources and work towards making our clients cloud infrastructure cost-efficient.
You will be able to clearly present and communicate recommendations and findings to the engineering, finance, and leadership teams of our clients. Develop, modify and maintain cloud costs and utilization reports, dashboards, and cost usage alerting and forecasting. You will need to monitor and identify increases in Cloud costs and other usage anomalies and be able to investigate the source of these increases. Work to fully understand our client’s product and the way it is architected and deployed in the cloud, and the associated costs for each portion of the environment.
Recommend savings opportunities related to cloud commitment purchases (Reserved Instances, Savings Plans, Spot, Committed/Sustained use) and track utilization of these commitments. Partake in creating, maturing, and governing Cost Optimization policies and best practices.
- As a Cloud Cost Optimization Engineer, you will increase the visibility to cloud spending by developing a data-driven approach in alerting, reporting, and optimization of cloud costs.
- Proactively collaborate with our managed clients to ensure efficient and effective cloud cost utilization.
- Be able to clearly present and communicate recommendations and findings to different clients and their teams (finance, leadership, and engineering).
- Create awareness and impact change in cloud infrastructure costs.
- Implement dashboards and automated reporting for cost and cost compliance.
- Identify and raise technical, business, and operational risks as well as opportunities within our clients.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and growth mindset, be enthusiastic about learning new technologies quickly, and apply the gained knowledge to address business problems.
- Demonstrate a collaborative, team-focused approach.
- Enable team members through training and documentation.
- + 3 years of hands-on AWS/Azure Cost Management experience, with a focus on optimization of the cloud environment.
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure, cost reporting, and cost optimization at scale in AWS/Azure.
- Solid understanding of the process of tagging resources within AWS/Azure including governance projects.
- Expertise with tools such as CloudHealth, AWS Cost Explorer and Azure Cost Management.
- Experience creating cost optimization dashboards, models, and reports for our clients engineering teams that utilize cloud services.
- Be detail-oriented and excited about turning data into insights.
- Balance and prioritize multiple projects and remain calm under pressure.
- Work independently and as part of a team on multiple concurrent projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong desire to work with new and upcoming technologies.
Submit your resume to [email protected]